The Powercab® 212 Plus active stereo guitar speaker system was specifically designed for use with professional modelers. Your amplification and speaker system is responsible for at least half of your tone and also determines how your rig feels and responds to your playing—so why play through anything incapable of making your modeler sound as true to your intended tone as possible? Powercab 212 Plus looks, sounds, and responds like a guitar cab because it is a guitar cab—though not an ordinary guitar cab.
If you are happy with your modeler’s onboard cabinet models and just want to hear the sound of your presets amplified, simply connect your modeler to Powercab 212 Plus, select Flat mode, and play. Custom lightweight neodymium coaxial speakers with high-frequency compression drivers provide the the benefits of a full-range, flat-response (FRFR) speaker system—but with the fast transient response of guitar speakers, resulting in a more authentic and familiar feel.
Alternatively, bypassing the cabinet models in your presets and switching to Speaker Modeling mode on the Powercab 212 Plus enables you to take advantage of 12 proprietary onboard speaker models—which are not the same as either cabinet models or impulse responses—for a more organic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience. Modeled speakers range from classics such as “Greenback” and “Blue Bell” to modern designs, and may be mixed or matched. And because Powercab 212 Plus is a stereo amp, ping-pong delays, expansive reverbs, spacious modulation effects, and even dual-amp setups will sound the way you intend them to be heard.
Additional features include a rugged-yet-lightweight plywood cabinet with flip-out kickstands, a 2-inch LCD, 128 user preset locations, XLR direct outputs, MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU and L6 LINKTM I/O, a multipurpose second input, and a USB audio interface. Third-party IRs may also be loaded and saved within presets.
- Choice of Flat (FRFR) or Speaker Modeling modes
- Choice of 12 onboard Speaker Models (+ IR loading)
- Plays your stereo presets in stereo not mono
- 500-watt stereo amplifier (2 x 250 watts) delivers up to 131dB SPL
- Lightweight 12″ neodymium coaxial speakers with high-frequency compression drivers and robust 2″ voice coils
- 70Hz-20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat mode
- 128 Presets configurable for Flat, Speaker Modeling, or IR mode
- MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU I/O, L6 LINK, USB audio interface