Yamaha’s NCX1C nylon-string guitar brings traditional craftsmanship into the modern era, with a familiar feel and touchstone appointments with cutting edge design elements.
The NCX1C has an elegant, single-cutaway body shape that extends access to the upper frets, along with a flat radius walnut fingerboard with generous 11.8mm string-spacing. Overflowing with character, the NCX1C will appeal to nylon-string players of every level and impresses with a warm and resonant sound with ample projection. For performances where amplification is necessary, the NCX1C is equipped with an undersaddle preamp, 3-band EQ, and built-in tuner. The Yamaha NCX1C is a modern nylon-string guitar that’s impossible to put down.
Familiar Feel and Modern Performance
Yamaha’s NCX1C pairs a sharp, single-cutaway design with a traditional neck profile and width and standard classical guitar body depth for a familiar feel that appeals to players experienced with nylon guitars. The flat radius walnut fingerboard is a wide and comfortable canvas for painting musical lines in bright and woody hues. The Yamaha NCX1C has a deeply resonant character with plenty of natural projection, and its solid Western red cedar soundboard contributes a dark tonality with an open top end that sounds broken-in right out of the box.
Updated, optimized bracing system
Yamaha’s team of designers and luthiers delved deeply into the science and art of bracing design when developing the NX Series of classical guitars. Through thoughtful experimentation and precise measurement, they identified opportunities to refine the NX bracing system, enhancing the low-end resonance of the instrument and drawing out more of the natural character of the selected tonewoods and qualities inherent to specific body shapes.
Premium Onboard Electronics
Your NTX1C is ready to plug in and play out. Its undersaddle pickup is powered by an advanced Yamaha preamp system, with onboard 3-band EQ to let you sculpt your sound from the stage. The NTX1 also features an onboard tuner, so you can leave your pedals at home.
- Modern nylon-string guitar with a timeless feel
- Single-cutaway body shape expands access to the upper frets
- Traditional neck profile and width, and standard classical guitar depth
- Flat radius walnut fingerboard
- Western red cedar soundboard has a dark and open tonality
- Optimized bracing system enhances low-end response and draws out the natural sonic characteristics of the tonewoods
- Natural gloss finish and circular rosette
- String Type: Nylon
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Classical
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Wood: Select Hardwood
- Body Bracing: NX Bracing
- Binding: Black/White
- Neck Wood: Nato
- Neck Shape: Modern
- Radius: Flat
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Tuning Machines: Chrome with Matte Black Shafts
- Bridge Material: Ebony/Walnut
- Nut/Saddle Material: Urea/Urea
- Nut Width: 2.06″
- Electronics: Atmosfeel Pickup/Preamp
The Yamaha NCX1C is performance-ready featuring strap buttons and an onboard pickup system.