The Yamaha TransAcoustic FS-TA 6-string acoustic-electric guitar is a high-quality instrument that delivers an acoustic experience like no other guitar before it.
The FS-TA features a concert-size body with mahogany back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. You’ll love the feel of this guitar’s fast-action neck and smooth, bound rosewood fingerboard. The Yamaha TransAcoustic FS-TA will add new inspiration to your playing.
Yamaha’s groundbreaking TransAcoustic technology delivers onboard reverb and chorus effects. What sets TransAcoustic guitars apart from other instruments with onboard effects is that they don’t require any external amplification. Engage the effects via the simple-to-use controls, and it’s like you’re playing in a rich, ambient venue – no amp or PA required. And when it’s time for the gig, you can access those same great tones plugged in through the guitar’s System70 + SRT Piezo pickup system.
How it works
The key to TransAcoustic is an integrated actuator, a small device hidden inside the guitar. The vibration of the instrument’s strings cause the actuator to vibrate; these vibrations are transmitted to the guitar body, as well as the air around the guitar. The result is authentic reverb and chorus – without the need for any additional amplification or effects.
Yamaha’s best-selling FS series
Guitarists love Yamaha’s FS series guitars. It’s not hard to see why they are worldwide bestsellers: the comfortable concert-size body, professional-grade tonewoods, and fast-playing necks make these acoustics great first instruments for beginners and solid seconds for seasoned players who need an extra acoustic for the stage or to play around the house.
- A value-packed acoustic-electric with smooth playability and sophisticated onboard tech
- SRT zero impact pickup
- Comfortable concert-size body with tapered waist fits all players
- Solid spruce top is full and balanced
- Mahogany back and sides add power and clarity of tone
- Scalloped bracing improves punch and projection
- Slim, tapered nato neck with fast satin finish glides through the hand
- Bound rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Built-in Chorus, Room, and Hall Reverb
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Concert
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Vintage Tint
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Scalloped
- Bracing Binding: Black/White
- Neck Wood: Nato
- Radius: 15.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25″
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-cast
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Urea/Urea
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Electronics: System 70 TransAcoustic preamp with SRT piezo pickup, interior mounted actuator
With Yamaha’s onboard TransAcoustic reverb and chorus effects, you’ll enjoy the tones of playing in a rich and lively acoustic space no matter where you are.